A lighter twist on traditional granola. Lightly sweetened with mild coconut flavor. Enjoy in a parfait, with fruit, with yogurt or just plain.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 Tbls brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup toasted flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven at 250 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, sea salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix to combine well to blend sugar and spice.
- Add in nuts and seeds. Mix well to combine.
- In a small microwave proof bowl melt coconut oil and honey for 10-20 seconds or until coconut oil is completely liquid and smooth.
- Add honey-oil mix to oat mix and using your hands mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread granola mix evenly onto prepared sheet pan. Make sure to get nice even layer.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes making sure to pull granola out and stirring around every 15-20 mins.
- After 1 hour 15 minutes of cooking, remove granola from oven and raise the temperature to 350 degrees. Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of honey evenly over baked granola and add in dried cherries. Stir with a spoon to evenly mix cherries and honey.
- Return the baking pan to oven and bake for an additional 15 mins.
- Remove granola from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Break up granola and store in airtight container. Will keep for up to 4 weeks.